Information for Orthodontic Emergencies
Wire poking? Loose bracket? No problem. Please contact us immediately if you notice anything broken, loose, or uncomfortable. Calling ahead gives us the ability to schedule an emergency visit for you so your issue can be addressed as soon as possible: Tendler Orthodontics Phone Number 561-826-7955.
We offer emergency services over the weekend as well. However, there may be some precautions you can take at home to prevent you or a family member from experiencing pain and/or discomfort:
- If you have a wire that is poking, you can use the orthodontic wax we provide you to shield off the cheek or gum tissue. The eraser end of a pencil, the cotton tip of a Q-Tip, sugarless gum or a cotton ball can also be useful in covering the end of the wire. If that doesn’t help, you may also use fingernail clippers that have been washed and rubbed with alcohol to trim the wire. Regardless of what you choose to do, please make sure to call the office to schedule an emergency visit: Tendler Orthodontics Phone Number 561-826-7955.
- If you notice a loose bracket, you can either let it be in its original spot and wait until Monday or move it closer to the next stable bracket. That often keeps the bracket from rolling around in the wire. Orthodontic wax can also help stabilize the bracket until your emergency appointment.
- Sometimes a new aligner may “dig” or be slightly uncomfortable, causing some minor irritation on your gum tissue. Keeping an emery board handy and smoothing off the offending portion will keep you on track and smiling more!
- If you feel sore after your braces were placed or adjusted, you may take acetaminophen or any other pain reliever as you normally would for a regular headache.
- If a retainer cracks or is lost, call us for an appointment as soon as possible. Teeth will move, especially if you just recently had your braces removed.
Please remember, the rule of thumb is to call the office as soon as possible so we can better assist you: Tendler Orthodontics Phone Number 561-826-7955.