Braces with Clear Ceramic Brackets
Clear ceramic braces are a practical alternative to traditional braces, offering the same smile-enhancing benefits without the noticeable look of metal.
Just like traditional braces, clear ceramic braces feature two important components:
- Clear or tooth-colored brackets which are attached to each tooth, and
- Wires that connect the brackets together.
These clear ceramic braces blend with the color of each patient’s tooth enamel, giving them a more natural and aesthetically pleasing look.
Care for ceramic braces is the same as with traditional braces:
- Elastics must be worn at all times and changed daily in order to maintain a consistent force on the teeth.
- Hard, sticky, chewy or crunchy foods must be avoided during treatment time.
- Soreness is normal for several days following the placement of new braces and adjustment appointments. Over-the-counter pain medication can help to relieve soreness.
- Braces and wires should be brushed and flossed after each meal.
- Special mouth guards should be worn during sports play.
- If you feel any sharp pain or a sore develops on the soft tissues of your mouth, call us so that we can remedy the situation as soon as possible: Tendler Orthodontics Boca Raton Office Phone Number 561-826-7955.
More information is available, please visit our Living with Braces page or give us a call.